What is 1-855-337-8048 Popup?
The 1-855-337-8048 Popup usually comes as a browser window and pop up with a scam message saying that your computer has been infected and you need to call a tech support number to get it resolved. However, this kind of popup is not caused by a virus and your computer has not been affected. Actually, the 1-855-337-8048 Popup is caused by the adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP). If you want to get rid of this annoying scam popup, you need to remove the adware and anything related to the adware.
As is mentioned, you should not call the so-called toll free number which may ask for your personal information or ask you to install software giving them remote control over your computer. Another nasty thing you may face with is that this scam popup will freeze your web browser and hinder your internet browsing. Even if you close and delete it from your browser, it will keep coming back to drive you crazy. What’s worse, it may track your online activity and collect your browsing history using cookies. If you are troubled by this pesky and risky popup, you can follow the guide below to get rid of it completely.
How to Remove 1-855-337-8048 Fake Alert Popup from IE/FF/Chrome?
Here are two removal guides that help you remove 1-855-337-8048 Popup. One is manual guide; the other is automatic guide. You can pick up the one your like to start your removal.
Method A: Manually Remove 1-855-337-8048 Popup with Simple Steps
Step 1.Uninstall 1-855-337-8048 Popup related adware or PUP from your Control Panel
1) Access the Start menu.
2) Open Control Panel.
3) Launch Add or Remove Programs and eliminate any suspicious program.
Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
1) Launch the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2) Access Uninstall a program.
3) Remove any suspicious program.
Windows 8 or Windows 8.1:
1) Press the Windows key + Q.
2) Type Control Panel and click the icon.
3) Go to Uninstall a program and remove any suspicious program.
1) Tap the Windows key + I to launch Settings.
2) Click on Control Panel.
3) Open Uninstall a program.
4) Delete any suspicious program.
Step 2. Get Rid of 1-855-337-8048 Popup in Windows Task Manager
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Windows Task Manager.
2. Hit Process and then find and delete all malicious processes related to 1-855-337-8048 Popup .
Step 3. Break away from 1-855-337-8048 Popup in registries.
1. Press “windows” + “R” to load the Run dialog box
2. Type “regedit” in Runbox and clicking OK to open Registry Editor.
3. Find out and remove all listed hazardous items.
Step 4. Remove 1-855-337-8048 Popup from different web browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage Add-ons.
2. From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select 1-855-337-8048 Popup and click on Disable.
3. On Search Providers, remove 1-855-337-8048 Popup from the list.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the button at the top right corner to open Menu >> Add-ons >> Extensions
2. Find 1-855-337-8048 Popup related add-ons and delete them.
3. Press Alt +H on the homepage, select Troubleshooting Information and reset browser settings.
For Google Chrome:
1. Click on the Customize icon(wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools >> Extensions, and then find 1-855-337-8048 Popup related add-ons and delete them.
2. Go to Chrome Menu >> Settings >> On startup >> Set pages
3. Click on the X button to delete it and add a new URL, for example, www.google.com.
(1). Settings >> Appearance >> Change
(2). Settings >> Search >> Manage search engines
Attention: If you are not confident to take the manual guide, you can take consideration to remove 1-855-337-8048 Popup and related threats automatically with SpyHunter.
Method B: Automatically Remove 1-855-337-8048 Popup with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a real-time anti-malware program and automatic removal tool, which is able to help you elimianate most of computer threats such as spyware, worms, rootkits, and so on.
Step 1. Download SpyHunter into your machine.
1. Press the first picyure below to download SpyHunter and its files.
Step 2. Use SpyHunter to scan and detect all malicious processes.
If you find your computer runs slowly after the removal, you can continue the steps to clear up leftover and optimize your system.
RegCure Pro is a perfect program to help you clear up all unwanted files or configurations as well as optimize your system
Step 1. Download RegCure Pro by hitting teh icon below.
Step2. Hit Run to install the relevant grogram step by step.
Step3. Scan computer system >find out suspicious files > fix all problems.
Note: If you are a novice in PC operation and have no confidence to remove this vicious site and all hidden threats with manual process, you can install SpyHunter to help you dealt with it as well as protect your PC from it and similar threats. Moreover, you can optimize your system and restore files with RegCure Pro after getting rid of all threats.